Thursday, October 4, 2012

Starting Over -- I'm a Little Bit Scared

I think change is always a scary thing and I try to avoid it often. In this case, however, I'm thinking it's for the best.

I initially started blogging a few years ago because I wanted to write and get my thoughts out there for other people to read. Then once the kiddos came into the picture it became a way to show them off to the grandparents (and the world).

The thing is -- I think I was putting too much information out there.

I mean, the blog address was our last name. The title was all of our first names. And often times the photos would give away information about our location. With all of the scary stuff that seems to happen concerning the internet and kids I'm wanting to be smarter and not just give away information to the world.

Yes, I could have made my previous blog private, but I don't really want to do that. It's harder for grandparents to access that way and I also sometimes want the world to see what I'm doing.

Another reason I decided to just create a new blog is that I had three blogs I was trying to keep up with and failing miserably at all of them. I know I can do better than that and really there is no need to have separate blogs for different parts of my life because they are all a part of who I am.

So you will see multiple types of blog entries on here -- adventures around the house and with my kiddos, recipes and reviews of the food we try at home, my craftiness (specifically scrapbooking projects) and last but not least, my weight loss journey.

I'm more hesitant to give up my weight loss blog because I don't really want to put it out there for my friends and family to see, but I've decided that if I want to end up where I envision myself then I have to be honest and just document the process.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by. I hope this is a place you will routinely visit and come to for ideas, inspiration or a good laugh at me trying to do way too much at one time!

No comments:

Post a Comment