Sunday, October 14, 2012

My first mud run


 Before I get into the meat of this post I want to share a before and after photo. I felt really cute in the photo on the left. I am pretty sure my eyes are close in the photo on the right because I was stepping into even more MUD!

I'm not going to lie -- I was nervous before the run! I'm not sure why, but until the "race" actually started I was all full of nervous and felt like I didn't know what I was getting  myself into.

In the end -- I LOVED IT!

I was dirty, I was beat red in the face, I was tired, but I felt amazing. I met some great new ladies that I hope to encounter at future races and I proved to myself that I was capable of doing things I hadn't tried before.

My wonderful friend C came and took some pictures for and of me. I really appreciate her!

This is looking toward the starting line. You had to run on the grass around the farm, do some obstacles and then you went back into the desert to complete some more muddy obstacles.

This is me running/jogging toward to finish line. I thought there would be a bigger area to clean off, but they just had a small area with bubbles. I was kind of disappointed in that, but otherwise it was a blast.

This is my after picture. I was really drenched and super muddy, but you can't really tell. I had so much fun and can't wait to do it again next time!

A picture of C and I. Again, I can't thank her enough for coming to support me! Next time she better be out on the course with me :)

I hope that as I continue to exercise and get in better shape that I can become faster at something like this. The race said that it wasn't a full 5K, but it took me about 40 minutes with the obstacles including hurdles, a really tall tower we had to climb over, tires to run through, a couple of slip and slides, a rope wall and, of course, lots of mud!

This is probably one of my favorite pictures of the day. It is so not me and that is why I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment