Saturday, October 20, 2012

Re-Store Carnival

My friend C invited our family to go to the Re-Store Carnival with her and her son J. I'm trying to do something Halloween related with the kids every leading up to the big day so I thought this would be perfect. I was right and wrong.

DC had a plasma appointment and he had scheduled with the daycare to take one child. We decided to have EM go with him since LD would want to hang out with J. As we left the house in LD's costume EM was having the biggest fit. I felt bad because I know she would have had a good time, but it is what it is.

We got to the Re-Store (I'm still not really sure what it is!) and they had part of their parking lot roped off for the little carnival. There were a few cars available for trunk or treating and then a few games like bean bag toss, plinko and a wheel you would spin for a prize.

We were done in about 20 minutes so in that respect it was kind of lame. There were more things advertised than there were actually there. The most important thing though is that when we got back in the car LD looked at me with a big smile on his face and said he had a great time. That made it all worth it!


LD in his Bumblebee costume from last year. I refuse to let him wear his Spiderman one until closer to Halloween because my luck something would happen to it. He was totally content wearing Bumblebee.


J and LD mugging for the camera. We are doing family photos tomorrow and I'm a little nervous about what kind of poses I'm going to get from LD.


LD loved this photo opportunity. I can't tell you who anyone is in the photo except the storm troopers, but LD enjoyed it none the less. This is a family who always dresses up as Star Wars characters around town. I bet one of those storm troopers is a kid I taught when he was in 7th grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment