Sunday, October 14, 2012

A fun date and a restaurant review

I'll be honest -- I'm not very adventurous when it comes to eating. I order my hamburgers plain, my Subway sandwich only has lettuce, onion, olives and vinegar on it and I have a rotation of about three different types of cereals I eat.

I'm picky and I have come to terms with it.

I was really bummed when Ruby Tuesday's closed and I waited with anticipation to see what was going to be put in its place. I seriously had a dream that a Souplantation went into the location and I was ecstatic -- until I woke up and realized it was only a dream.

When I saw signs that a Buca di Beppo was being put in the location was had mixed feelings. I was more open to trying it than I had been in the past, but I knew it was going to be so busy that we wouldn't be able to get in there for a while.

The restaurant has been open for about a month and we finally decided to go for lunch. I had found a coupon for a free lunch entree so that made going out all that much better!

I ordered the Chicken Limone with Alfredo Fettuccine and DC ordered the Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti. At first I thought the service was a little slow, but it ended up being OK. While we were waiting for our meals we enjoyed some bread with their vinegar and oil dipping sauce and then I ordered a salad.

Yes, I am weird when I order my salads also. I asked for a Cesar salad with a vinaigrette dressing instead of the Cesar dressing. It was definitely good, but I wish the dressing would have come on the side how I asked for it -- mostly just to save some calories.

The food came and even though these were lunch size portions we decided to share that way we could try a couple of different meals. I really liked my chicken, but I couldn't finish the fettuccine. I LOVED the chicken parm and the spaghetti was actually OK. DC loved everything he tried.

I would definitely rate Buca di Beppo as somewhere we will go back again!

As we were leaving we thought we would have a little fun with the statue out front :)

As we were waiting for our food to come at Bucca di Beppo we learned on the place mat that it was national dessert day. There wasn't anything on the menu there that we wanted to try so we decided to go and check out another new place we hadn't been -- Yogurtland.

I have tried a couple of yogurt places in town and wasn't really in love. I used to like Spoon Me, but it closed. I was so happy when I found a replacement place with Yogurtland. We walked in an the nice girl working gave us sample cups to figure out what we wanted before we filled a bowl. I was so happy with this because I'm super indecisive and this helped me.

I actually only tried one flavor though and instantly found my new favorite flavor! I died and went to heaven when I tried the Strawberry Lemonade Sorbet. It is the only non-dairy flavor that Yogurtland carries and I hope it isn't rotated out anytime soon.

Yogurtland is one of those places where you pay by the ounce. We ended up with 15 ounces -- 5 for DC's Cookies and Creme and 10 for my Sorbet. I didn't add any toppings except a couple of bananas and a small scoop of Oreo crumbs.



I can't wait to go back there! It is definitely somewhere that I will be visiting often. Luckily it's only 25 calories per ounce.

No comments:

Post a Comment