Saturday, October 20, 2012

Save a Sister (Run a Race)!

For some reason every time I say "Save a Sister" I think of that song by Big and Rich -- "Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)." I'm cheesy and made my blog title resemble that. What can I say -- I don't get out much.

It was a little bittersweet for me to wake up this morning and go to run/walk the 5K. I was excited to finally be able to do this race, but for the last two years I've been in San Diego at Ever After's Crop for the Cure and I'm bummed I didn't go this year. It was mostly a financial decision. We are headed down that way at the start of December anyway and it would have just been a lot of driving, gas and time. I'm sure I'll do it again in the future though.



  
This is my pre-race photo. I actually kind of like it!

  
 And this is my post-race photo. You can't really tell in the picture but my face is bright red. When I got home (about 30 minutes after I had finished) DC kept asking me if I was OK or if I had gotten sunburned because he though my face was staying so red for such a long period of time. I'm happy to report that I am fine now.



I picked up this sticker when I got my race packet last night. One of the reasons that October is so important to me is because both my mom and my grandma have had breast cancer. In fact, my grandma has had it twice. I try to do little things to help the fight against breast cancer, like this run and the lights next to my garage are pink right now.

All in all it was a great morning! I was excited today to go meet up with my new race friends. I met them last week during the mud run and it was great to have people that I'm about on the same page with to complete the race with. I feel so lucky to have made some new friends.

Now I'm just kinda bummed I can't run/walk next weekend because I have a work conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment