Sunday, January 6, 2013

Zion National Park

My mother-in-law,C, came to down for Christmas. It was fun because she hadn't been here since EM was born. One of the things that she really wanted to do while here was go to Zion National Park because she had never been. I'm always up for a good trip to Zion so we braved the cold and went out there a couple of days before Christmas.

One of the great things about Zion is all of the unique restaurants in Springdale. One of our favorites is Oscars. It has kind of a southwestern flair and great food! 


The lighting was kind of difficult in the restaurant, but here is DC and is mom and then LD with her as well.

Since it was C's first trip to Zion we stopped at the entrance and took some pictures. The sun was right in my eyes and I couldn't keep them open so you get this pretty goofy face of mine. I don't  know how DC is looking normal.




We decided to do the Weeping Rock trail since it isn't too long, we had the kids with us and you end up seeing something pretty cool at the end. I wasn't thinking about how cold it was, though, because the normally weeping rock was actually frozen and the trial was closed the last few steps. It was still pretty cool and something I hadn't seen before.


Next we did the Grotto trail which takes you between the Grotto and the main lodge. It's pretty easy and only about 1/2 a mile. LD had a lot of fun posing in different places and both kids were good sports -- they walked the whole way! 



As we headed back there were some deer between the road and the trail. It was neat because they were so close and all of the cars were stopping to look at them. 



 C had a couple of great family photos that she took on her camera, but I'm on the laptop so I don't have access to them. Once I get on the main computer I will add them at the end. 

I can't wait to go back to Zion again ... maybe next time it will be a little bit warmer!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you take photos! I always feel like I'm 2 hands short and rarely take any photos when we go out! A restaurant we liked in Zion - Zion Mountain Ranch. After staying at the Zion Ponderosa and having their horrible and over-priced buffet, I about cried in joy at Zion Mountain Ranch's menu! Best meal I'd had in days at the time!

    ReplyDelete