I am definitely no Betty Crocker!
I have tried for years to make delicious chocolate chip cookies and I always fail. I don't love store bought cookies and I've never loved the cookies that you just plop on the cookie sheet from the fridge (I'd rather just eat the dough!). Whenever I try to make the cookies out of the pre-mixed bag they always end up flat and burnt.
Thank goodness to Pinterest -- I finally found, seriously, the BEST EVER chocolate chip cookie recipe. Here is the original recipe and below I'll let you know how I changed it up a bit.
This is my picture of the cookies I made! DELICIOUS!
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened (I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter out of a tub)
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips (I used mini chocolate chips and they were perfect!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in. The original recipe said to use a stand mixer, but I actually just did it by hand it was fine.
3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. I actually didn't measure my chocolate chips -- I just kept adding them until it looked perfect.
4. Drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. I used a small scoop I bought at Bed Bath and Beyond and I've also read about rolling the dough into small balls. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. Mine seemed to cook slower and I checked them at 10 minutes and then let them go a minute or two longer.
5. Let cool, on the sheet for about five minutes. Then remove to a wire cooling rack and ENJOY!