Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Magazine Christmas Tree




For some reason our school gets this magazine and they don't want to put it out with the others so they give it to me. Score! I received it about a week ago, but hadn't done anything with it until this morning. My students were taking a test so I decided to flip through it and saw a cute page about how to upcycle an old magazine into a Christmas Tree decoration.


I didn't have the topper here with me at school, but you get the general idea and I have to say I think it is pretty darn cute! 

So now for some quick instructions ... 


Take an old magazine that you were probably going to throw in the recycling and open it up to the first pages. 
 

 You are going to fold down the right page by taking the top corner and folding it to the center of the magazine. This reminds me of when you are trying to make an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of paper into a square.


Next fold the rest of the page over to the center of the magazine. Now you should have a little overhang and the bottom that you are going to deal with in the next step.


Finally fold up the bottom so that it is flush against the rest of the page. Once you have done this to all of the pages you are going to fluff it up and it makes for a cute easy decoration that you could definitely do with your kids! This one took me about 20 minutes to do while watching the final episode of Gossip Girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment