Google+ Followers

Follow by Email

Saturday, March 30, 2013


I had the absolute BEST Friday night ever! My BFF TR came down to Southern Utah and we drove to Las Vegas to catch Matchbox Twenty in concert at the Pearl in the Palms.

We stayed at the Palms as well and the rooms were pretty nice. TR found a killer deal which made it awesome as well. What we got a kick out of in the room was the minibar. It had the typical stuff like alcohol and snacks, but we couldn't help but chuckle at the intimacy kit that was available for $25, the $25 disposable camera and the no hanger shots (I can't remember the price of those, but they weren't cheap).

We got to Vegas and explored our hotel, had a few drinks and dinner, and then got ready for the show. It was fun to kind of dress up and feel like an adult for a change. 

We knew it was a small venue, but it was incredible once we got in there and saw how great our seats were. I read in the booklet in our hotel room that the furthest seat from the stage was only 120 feet!

The show was absolutely A-MAZ-ING and it brought back lots of memories on how much I really do love Matchbox Twenty!

After the show we walked around the hotel (the really long way) and hung out near the tour buses waiting for the band to come out. A short while later Kyle Cook (the lead guitarist from MB20) came out and took pictures and signed autographs.

A little bit later out came the band's front man Rob Thomas. If you remember from this post, one of the people I dreamed of meeting was Mr. Rob Thomas himself. It was seriously a dream come true! At first when he came out he said he was just going to sign autographs and wasn't going to take individual pictures. I had him sign my ticket, but then a few minutes later people were snapping photos with him. I wasn't going to not get my picture with him so TR and I squeezed in for a pic. We actually had two taken -- the first one didn't look very good though.

Kyle and Rob were so cool just hanging out and chatting with the fans -- the security guards not so cool. People kept getting yelled at to make sure they were standing on the curb and not the street.

This was definitely a night I will not soon forget. It was so much fun seeing my favorite band and spending time with my oldest friend. I wish we lived closer and were able to spend more time together, but I really value the little bit of time we do have. 

One final picture -- this is how I felt at the end of the night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment