Thursday, March 28, 2013

Getting in the spring spirit

I'm not really someone who loves one holiday over another, but I've certainly been having more fun this year decorating and making treats to go along with each holiday than I have in the past. 

When I went up north for spring break my mom and I went to a craft store called the Wood Connection where I had bought the shamrocks and also some cute peeps. 

This picture is of the ones I did at my mom's house. Mine are cute, but I didn't have enough black to do the eyes. I'm think I might just do some puff paint for the eyes. 

I also made a super cute banner to hang with the peeps, but it is too heavy (or I need to actually ask for help and not just try to do everything myself) so it isn't hanging.


Today at LD's school they were having an Easter egg hunt and then a picnic lunch. I had so much fun actually making him a sack lunch and I put a little surprise in there. I can't wait to do this every day next year (I say that now!). I also got some peeps, the candy, to give to his teacher and each of his bus drivers. 

And probably what I was most excited about was these suckers I put together. I really love Like a Pretty Petunia's blog and the printables that she posts. If you follow the link it will take you right to it. I just printed them in color (cardstock would have been better, but I didn't have any) and then cut them out. I put a hole right above the teeth and then put the suckers in. 

DC said they were a big hit with the kindergartners. I wish I could have seen.


On Saturday Aunt A and I took the kids over to Wal-Mart to get their picture taken with the Easter Bunny. I don't know why E.B. doesn't go to the mall anymore. It seems the only place I can find him, besides at egg hunts, is at Wal-Mart. At least they let me take my own photo and they also give me a free 5x7 photo.

I think EM and LD look so cute. I tried getting EM to sit next to the Easter Bunny, but she didn't want to. She let her big brother have the glory.


Last but not least, with spring goes outdoors sports. We had LD in football in the fall and he is playing soccer right now. He absolutely LOVES soccer. He's pretty good too. This shot (which isn't a really good one) he's playing goalie. He let one slip by him, but once he got out of the goalie box and was running on the field he tried really hard to make up for it. He is a fast little one, the only thing is I don't think he likes being in where 10 kids are trying to kick the ball at once.


We have him signed up for Pee Wee baseball so it will be interesting to see how he does at that as well. LD is such an active little kid -- he's like the Energizer bunny how he just keeps going and going and going.

No comments:

Post a Comment