Thursday, March 14, 2013

Friend Making Monday (on Thursday)

Hi everyone! Yes, this is me blogging about a week late! It is spring break and things have definitely been crazy! LD had a soccer game last Saturday and then on Sunday I packed up the car and the kids and headed to visit my family about five hours north of where we live. It was a good visit, but it is definitely nice to be home in our own environment.

Now that we are home, though, EM seems to be sick. I took her to the doctor this morning and he said that she has some sort of infection and he is treating it like it is an ear infection. She has had a fever all night, but it seems to have broken so we’ll see how we do tomorrow.

Anyway, now onto Friend Making Monday (on Thursday night!). Better late than never, right?


 

1. What did you eat for dinner last night? We pulled into town about 8 so I talked DC into taking us to dinner at a Japanese steakhouse. I had fried rice, chicken and steak. I also had that for dinner tonight as leftovers.

2. If you could make one food calorie-free for the next year, What would you choose? That is a tough one! I’m think I would make yogurt and all of the toppings that go on it calorie-free. It’s not like it’s that bad for me, but I eat it more than I probably should. I would also add Kool-aid to that list of calorie-free things!

3. How often do you go to the grocery store? Usually just once a week, but it seems like lately I haven’t done a big shopping so I’m going more frequently.

4. Do you make a list before buying groceries? Usually yes. But if I’m just running to the store I don’t and then I end up buying more than I planned.

5. List three things that can always be found in your kitchen. Cheerios, bananas and milk.

6. How often do you clean out your fridge? Not as often as I probably should. I usually do it when we get back from a trip.

7. Do you ever use a slow cooker? If so, will you share a recipe? Yes, I do! This is my absolute favorite Chicken Noodle Soup -- http://www.creativelydomestic.com/2010/10/guest-post-crockpot-chicken-and-noodle.html

8. How often do you try new recipes? It depends on the month. We haven’t tried anything new recently, but with it being spring break I am going to try to create a meal plan that has some new ideas in it.

9. What is the most delicious meal(s) you make? I really love the tacos that DC makes. We have them most Sundays and they are really delicious.

10. Share at least one thing that is currently in your kitchen even though you don’t like it. I have mayo and mustard in my fridge. I despise both of them, but I went through a phase where I was making a lot of deviled eggs and mayo and mustard are necessary evils.

1 comment:

  1. This was a fun one! Gonna post on my blog with my answers too. :)

    ReplyDelete