Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I really love Friend Making Monday and I can’t thank Kenlie enough for coming up with such interesting and thought-provoking questions! Go check out her blog and make sure to leave a comment here so I know who is reading this :)
Friend Making Monday –
Questions and Answers
1. Did you watch the Oscars? If so, who did you enjoy seeing most? Yes, we had the Oscars on, but I wasn’t sitting down the whole time. Actually the only time I was sitting down was during the opening sequence and the in memory part. I really enjoyed Seth McFarlane as the host. He was very easy on the eyes. I didn’t really know who he was before the Oscars and I don’t know that I’m necessarily a fan now, but I don’t mind looking at him. I really liked Jennifer Lawrence. I know it’s kind of cliché and I haven’t seen Silver Linings Playbook yet (but I want to). I just think she handles herself with such class and she is absolutely beautiful and confident. It’s neat to see her star struck like during her interview with George Stephanopoulos when Jack Nicklaus surprised her.
2. Do you drink meal replacement shakes, smoothies, etc? I don’t. I really like to eat my calories, not drink them so a meal replacement just leaves me wanting more. I used to drink Slim Fast for breakfast/morning snack when I was in high school, but I remember it being kind of chalky. I do want to get into juicing and use protein powder in that, but I’m not into replacing a meal with a drink.
3. Share one thing you have done to help someone in the last week? I wish I had some big awesome story, but I don’t. The thing I have been working on is saying no to other people because I’m so overloaded right now. I had the opportunity to help a couple of different people at work last week, but I said no because I knew it would stress me out more and I couldn’t handle that. One thing I did do was be there (I think) for a friend on Saturday night. I noticed some messages on her Facebook page so I contacted her to see what was going on and we ended up having a good conversation. I hope just talking helped her a little and took her mind off of some things. I have plans of sending her a little something in the mail this week, I just need to stop by Starbucks and pick it up.
4. What is the tastiest thing you ate last week? On Saturday night for dinner I made some whole grain rice and turkey meatballs (from Costco). I poured some BBQ sauce on the meatballs and they are definitely some of the tastiest things I’ve ever eaten! We also had green beans with the meal and some crescent rolls.
5. Think of one fun thing that you could do this week without spending any money to do it. I really need to pull out the Wii and so some stepping on it. I always have fun doing that and I just haven’t (in a really long time). I also think playing bowling and Just Dance on the Wii with the kids (or at least LD) would be a lot of fun.
6. Share one place that you’ve been to and would like to visit again. I really want to go back to Paris (which I am in 2014) so I would have to say that I would like to go back to Venice and this time take my hubby. I had a blast going with one of my BFFs, Jami, but I would definitely like to experience the romantic side of the city.
7. Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? I don’t really have an option on this one because I only have Facebook. I recently got rid of my Twitter and Instagram accounts because of some issues at work. I don’t really miss it and sometimes I wish I didn’t even have Facebook. It’s a valuable tool, I just think it is a major time sucker.
8. What is your favorite vegetable? I really love green beans! They are delicious. We are having some squash as a side for dinner tonight so I’ll have to come back and let you know how that goes.
9. Share a goal that you have for the month of March. I would really like to get to my goal of 20 pounds lost which is my 10% goal. I know that I can do it and I’m excited to know how it will feel to accomplish something I’ve been working toward for a long time. I am also signed up for a half marathon on March 16 and I would like to see an improvement on my time. I don’t really care what my time is, I just want an improvement from the last time I ran.