Monday, February 11, 2013

Friend Making Monday -- Personal Quirks and Habits


I love Friend Making Monday, but this one was super hard! I kind of feel like my answers are all over the place. It's always good to challenge myself, though, and I feel like that is exactly what these questions made me do. Enjoy :)



Personal Quirks and Habits
1. Share one unique character trait that sets you apart from your friends – I think something that sets me apart from my friends is my dedication to myself. This is a really awkward question because I feel like anything I say about myself is kind of putting my friends down. I also think I have different groups of friends that I would have different responses to.
2. List at least two pet peeves that always aggravate you – It always aggravates me when someone thinks they are better than everyone else or that it is their way or the highway. It also aggravates me when people (students) touch my belongings. It’s mine so don’t touch it!
3. Is there a word or phrase that you say so regularly that people expect to hear it from you – These questions are super tough this week! I’m not sure of something I regularly say. When I was in high school I would always say “This kid …” and that automatically meant I was talking about a boy. I feel like right now I’m always say “No” to my kids. I need to work on that! I should be saying something I would like them to be doing instead of just telling them no.
4. Are you a risk taker, or do you typically play it safe – I wish I was a risk taker and I like to dream a lot, but I think in general I play it safe. I’m afraid of change, especially if it is something that I can’t change back.
5. Describe your life as it was in high school. Are you the same person? Have you changed – My life in high school was crazy. I went to school during the day and then I would work at Subway at night and on the weekends. I also worked for the city newspaper for their teen section and I was in charge of the school newspaper. I would say that my life is the same in the fact that it is still pretty crazy! I’m busy and always feel like I’m running behind. I don’t work at Subway anymore, but I am in charge of the school newspaper. I would like to say that I’ve changed a lot, but I think working in a middle school makes me want to go back and relive those junior high and high school days differently. I guess it’s true what they say about hindsight – it’s 20/20.
6. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done that you’re glad you did – the craziest or most irresponsible? When I was in college just before I started dating my husband I was kind of seeing this kid who was in the ROTC (like I also was). He had his pilot’s license and he took me on a date where we went to Winger’s and then he took me on a plane ride. How stupid was I to get into a plane with someone that I didn’t really know and also in such a small plane. I would never do that again! Plus, I had met my husband, but we weren’t dating yet. I knew I liked him so why I went out with someone else I’m not sure. I guess because the other guy asked.
7. Do you ever talk to yourself? If so, share an example – Not out loud. I think I talk to myself in my head, but that is normal, right?
8. Share something you did that unexpectedly helped shape your life – I think randomly becoming the sports editor of my college newspaper totally shaped my life. I wasn’t supposed to be the sports editor, I was only a sophomore. I guess whoever they had picked wasn’t able to do it so the newspaper called me during the summer and asked me if I would be interested in the position. Of course I was! My first game I did as sports editor was cover the Utah State at Utah football game. This is where I met my husband for the first time and the rest is history. If I wasn’t in that position who knows if I would have met my husband and had the life I do today.
9. Do you follow a strict routine, or are you a free spirit? Are you somewhere in between – I am definitely somewhere in between. I have things I do day after day, but I also randomly like to do things that are just spur of the moment. I would like to get on more of a routine because I think it will help me feel more organized.
10. Share something about yourself that you hope will inspire others – I have lost almost 17.6 pounds since September. It has been slow going, but the fact that I’m keeping with it is huge. I want to get to where I am happier with my body and myself and I am definitely on the right path.

1 comment:

  1. That's so crazy that you randomly met your husband like that! Sometimes it makes me dizzy thinking about the "what ifs" of such important moments.

    Also, congrats on 17.6lbs! Way to go :)


    I did my FMM questions too: http://delightfullyshrinking.com/2013/02/friend-makin-monday-personal-quirks/ :)

    ReplyDelete