Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Friend Making Monday -- Blogger to Blogger


Thanks for stopping by and checking out Friend Making Monday. If this is the first time you've seen it then go to Kenlie's blog and see what it is all about!


 1.  Does your blog have one overwhelming theme? I think the theme of my blog is just me. It’s about my journey to finding a healthier me, my crafty side and my adventures of being a mom and wife.
2. How did you come up with the theme(s) for your blog? Was it intentional? I initially had three different blogs – a family one, a scrapbooking one and a weight loss one. I stunk at keeping up with doing any of them. I’ve been so much better since I started this one and I’m really happy with it.
3.  Share something cool that has happened in your life as a result of blogging. I don’t know that anything cool has really happened. It has made me re-examine what I’m putting on Facebook and I’ve thought about why I’m really doing a blog. It is for me and if other people read it that is great, but at the end of the day it is kind of like my journal.
4. How much time to do spend reading blogs everyday? I actually use to spend a lot more, but with the two kids now and a million other things going on I just don’t read blogs as much. If they are linked through Facebook, though, I am more likely to check it out.
5.  Do you blog on the weekends? I don’t, but I should. I mostly blog during some of my free moments at work. Shhh … don’t tell the boss! It’s almost like my little getaway for a moment from the craziness of everything going on around me.
6.  Do you keep track of your stats?  Do they matter to you? I don’t think the stats matter to me, like I said before – I’m just blogging for me, but it does make me smile when I see that others are actually checking out my blog and even more so when they leave comments. It makes me feel loved (so leave a stinkin’ comment … will ya?!).
7. How do you decide how much to share about your personal life? I don’t really mind sharing about my personal life, but I’ve made up nicknames for everyone just because the Internet kind of scares me with how much access a person can gain about you. I probably should watermark my photos, but I don’t know how to do that. I’m sure it’s simple and I should look it up, I just haven’t gotten to that yet.
8. Do you aspire to be a writer, or did blogging happen for some other reason? I have a journalism degree so deep down I do love writing. I don’t always think I’m very good, but it is something I enjoy doing. Beyond simple blogging I don’t really have any ambitions of writing a book or anything huge like that.
9. As a blogger, do you think it’s more important to write for yourself, or for your readers? I guess it is my theme for the day – I definitely write for myself, but I do keep the reader in mind, making sure to share necessarily background information if it applies. I write for myself, but having others read it and if I can inspire or help someone else out that is just an added bonus.
10.  What kind of plans do you have for the future of your blog? I would like to just keep my blog going. I would love to have more followers (I think I have two right now!), but I’ll continue to post and just see what happens from here.

1 comment:

  1. A stinkin' comment just for you! I'll be your third follower. I love that you're the theme of your own blog. That made me smile. I wanted to say the same on my answers, but I didn't want to seem narcissistic. Good for you. :)

    I did FMM also! http://delightfullyshrinking.com/2013/02/friend-makin-mondays-blogger-to-blogger/

    ReplyDelete