Thursday, November 15, 2012

Friend Makin' Monday (on Thursday!)

I'm always a day late and a dollar short! Oh well! Better late than never, right? I love I LOVE Kenlie's blog and I have only participated in Friend Makin' Monday once in the past, but I would like to get back on the ball of doing this regularly.

So here goes nothing ...


What’s in Your Fridge?
1. List a few common items that can always be found in your fridge. There is always Milk (both 2% for the kids and Fat Free for DC and I). You can also find some of the Yoplait Greek Yogurt (2 Weight Watchers Points Plus!) and usually some Kool-aid (green or orange). I'm trying to do less Kool-aid and more water or Crystal Lite.
2. What kind of milk do you drink? Yikes! I guess I answered that in the last one. I drink Skim, but it's more that I put it on my cereal than actually drinking it. I do love a tall glass of milk when I'm having pizza, though.
3. Do you prefer fresh or frozen vegetables?  I'm not a huge veggie person, but I actually don't mind the frozen. I really love the the broccoli and carrot mix that I buy in four packs at Wal-Mart. I can't remember the name of it, but it is only 1 Weight Watchers Points Plus and I mix that in with some rice and chicken with a little Mandarin sauce and I'm good to go.
4. What do you currently have to drink in the fridge? Milk (of course), I think there is some orange juice and some apple juice and just a little bit of leftover Kool-aid.
5. How often do you clean out your refrigerator? I try to clean it out every so often, but with the type of fridge we have stuff gets pushed to the back and then it goes bad. I just cleaned it out this past weekend and I'm going to try to keep it looking nice.
6. What’s the healthiest thing in it right now? I would probably have to say all of the fruits down in the bottom. There are apples (both red and green) and oranges. Yum!
7. What’s the most unhealthy thing in it right now? There is some leftover pasta from Bucca last night. I won't be eating that -- probably one of the kids will.
8. What do you wish you had in it that you don’t have now? I wish I could have some cantaloupe in it. It is my absolute favorite food, but they just don't look that good at the stores right now and when I do buy one it sits on my counter and I don't cut it.
9. How often do you shop for groceries? I try to only go on Sundays. I run to the store here and there to pick something up that we discover we need or that we ran out of, but I try to only go once a week.
10. What’s the weirdest thing in your fridge right now? Hmmm ... I'm not sure that there is anything really weird in my fridge. I think I like it that way.
Bonus:  If you could choose one thing to put in the fridge and make it calorie-free what would it be?  I think I would want it to be Kool-aid. I hate drinking my calories away!

1 comment:

  1. Lots of fridge questions! Interesting to see what's in other people's though..!

    ReplyDelete